Well, its election day. After the High School run I stopped by the library to vote. Its been a really long two years of campaigning. At first it was all good. "This is what I will do." Then it turned to "This is what he/she did" I finally decided to stop listening to what they claimed and looked up their personal voting records. Hmmmmm.......There truly is much at stake across our nation. Decisions that will be made by individuals like you and me.
I believe that America is still the promised land, but America is the sum total of all of her inhabitants. My father was extremely patriotic. He served in the Marines in WWII and I think that changed him forever. He never missed voting in an election. He said even if the choices are "bad and worse" we still have a responsibility to exercise our privledge and responsibility to vote.
Sometimes I think, What difference will my vote really make? But its just like everything else; its all in the attitude. What we think effects how we feel and ultimately what we do. If you haven't voted yet, please go vote. If you don't care for either of the choices, vote for the candidate that most represents your core beliefs. Google the candidate's voting records; it takes five minutes. Your children's tomorrow will be greately influenced by your today.



4 comments:
Amen sista! Oh how I love and miss Opa. I am glad that he passed his patriotism on to you so that you could be an example to us.
Tag momma dearest. Look at my blog for more details.
What a great post like always - its only taken me almost a month to comment. Sorry. Good reminders though - I wasn't going to vote because I felt that my vote didn't matter but I ended up going over there about an hour before the polls closed. Glad I did, even if the results I wanted weern't what happened.
I hope you like the new look! The big fam was too small- by the time I blew it up big enough to see it, you couldn't tell who anyone was the quality was so bad. Love you!
Post a Comment