My nieces and nephew have been trying to get me to blog for--oh, three years anyway. I always thought it was rather self-preoccupied to think that anyone would want to read what I had to say. But then several time I tried to post on one of their blogs and it wouldn't let me because I wasn't a "blogger." So I finally decided to set one up just so I could post. After calling my niece, who by the way deserves kudos for helping her computer-ignorant aunt (ha, I just wrote anut instead of aunt; Freudian slip I suppose) set up a blog, I decided to do it. It wasn't until after she helped me that she confessed that you really can post without being a blogger!
I love writing but I am a terrible journal keeper--go figure. I guess I always worry that what I write will be recorded forever and what if its the wrong thing? Maybe this will help me. Maybe it will be another way to keep in touch with my married children and my family across the US. If it accomplishes only this one thing it will be worth it.
I have been reading C.S. Lewis the past couple of days. What a brilliant mind. He made a statement that has really caused me to think.
"It is a serious thing to live in a society of possible gods and goddesses, to remember that the dullest and most uninteresting person you can talk to may one day be a creature which , if you saw it now, you would be strongly tempted to worship..."
What if we really did have the desire and ability to see all those around us as they one day would be? What if we were able to gaze into someone's heart instead of merely seeing their actions? Would we not treat every person, including the disheveled transient as though they were royalty?
Interesting thought which is easily accepted and most difficulty accomplished.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



3 comments:
Oh, I am so happy that you have a blog and know that I am only one of the hundreds that will read it! You inspire me and I am eternally grateful for what you have done for me. Now, I will be checking this every day...so no pressure or anything!
I am so glad that you are blogging. It is so easy to keep up with daily events, that you miss being so far away from loved ones.
Like Amy said, "you inspire me", and I to and am eternally grateful that you are my aunt and friend. oh...I know that I need to update my blog...and while doing that I will ce checking yours!! ;)
Thank you for that post. I really needed to hear that. It is something I need to be reminded. I am so excited to read more of your thoughts.
Post a Comment