Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Happy Birthday Alaina!


Goodness, wasn't it just last week that we brought you home from the hospital with all your black hair and red Indian-like skin? Didn't I just cut your curls for the first time and walk you around the corner to preschool yesterday? Wasn't last night your first dance recital with you adorably dressed in a traslucent white skirt and shiny black tap shoes? Didn't we just put you on a plane to visit Oma and Opa? Wasn't it yesterday when we sat in the sand and built sandcastles in Mexico and just yesterday that you sat next to me in a PCMC waiting room as the moments ticked on endlessly like a timebomb? Wasn't it just a minute ago that you drove off in a little white car with your sister to start High School and a minute later that we found the perfect wedding dress and ordered the Root Beer bubbles for your wedding cake? Wasn't it a second ago that you became a wife and a mother and an eternal family?


Time. Where does it go to? It flows out of the baby pictures and the school pictures and drifts up when you open the dance recital programs and the wedding announcements and the grandbabies pictures. Time is encapsulated in the feelings of the heart and the memories of the mind. Where did yesterday go? Its in my heart where you will always be. Happy Birthday Alaina--you are a wonderful woman, eternal companion, mother, sister, daughter and friend. I love you forever and always.

5 comments:

Jenna and Lafe said...

For real mom I am sobbing like a baby at work. As always you said it just perfectly. Happy birthday alaina!

The Moronta's said...

That was so beautiful! How she completes our family! Happy birthday girl!

Alaina said...

Thank you so much mom! I am so blessed to have you as my mother and friend. Thanks for all the many years of love and happiness!

Breeana said...

Beautiful words mom! What a great tribute to Alaina - Happy late Birthday!

Jenny and Jared said...

That was so sweet! I am teary eyed (I know I am an emotional wreck). Will you send me an email so that I can send you an invite to my blog? I am glad you found me, its so fun to see how you guys are doing. Let your other kids know that they can view our blog too, I just need their emails.

jenandjared02@msn.com.