- Dog owner is arrested after scuffle over doo
- Trial date set in 2005 bank-fraud case
- Man finally charged in May shooting at home
- Teen slices his hand during attack on man
- Man jailed in stabbing of relative with pen
- Hotel staffers, maid with mop tackle man
- New details emerge of deadly traffic stop
- Man's kin sue hit-run driver who killed him
- Engine failure blamed in jet crash
- Both parties try to woo women voters
- Motorist on sidewalk kills 1 man injures 2
Iwas just about to sink into the depths of depression when I saw it--it was in an inconspicuous bottom corner on the last page of the sections I was reading. You may laugh at me but I think this is great. Why don't they put more good in with the bad? Have the editors found that we don't read or watch the news if it isn't degrading, violent, morbid or sensational? I like to know what is going on in the world, but I don't believe for a second that it is all bad. I know there are terrible things that go on but I also know that there are good people with good motives that do good things. I see it everyday around me; why don't those stories get reported? Would the world read and watch; I know I would.



3 comments:
I too think the news is very depressing. I for one would definitely be more interested in it if they cared to report the good they could find in the world instead of the bad.
I hear ya momma!!!1 I cannot stand the news. for one thing its right before bed and then you go to sleep with these horrible images imbedded in you head. I would like it a million times more if i felt goog after reading or watching!
Perhaps the media beleives that if they show us all the negative things going on in the world we will feel better about our own lives. I rarely watch and when I do I am mortified by the things that I see and hear. That is a really fun story...we need more of them.
Post a Comment