I have had a lot of time to read in the past couple of weeks. While reading this month's Ensign I really studied Elder Ballard's article entitled Sharing the Gospel Using the Internet. I read it once and thought, "hey, did I just read what I thought I read?" So I read it again. He said, "Ours is the world of cyberspace, cell phones that capture video, video and music downloads, social networks, text messaging and blogs, handhelds and podcasts. This is the world of the future...How will you use these marvelous inventions? More to the point, how will you use them to further the work of the Lord?" He went on to say, "Make sure that the choices you make in the use of new media are choices that expand your mind increase your opportunities, and feed your soul." But what struck me so significantly that I thought my name was printed in front of it was, "Now, may I ask that you join the conversation by participating on the Internet to share the gospel and to explain in simple and clear terms the message of the Restoration."
What a wonderful opportunity and responsibility I have to bear testimony in my words and actions. Isn't it amazing that someone across the world can pull up a blogsite and read how we feel and see what is going on in our everyday lives. I hope always that the things I post will be uplifting and a good representation of where my heart really is--the truths I believe, the people I love and my desire to be a better person.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



5 comments:
Mom this really hit me. That is great that you would read this and share it because just in saying what you said helped me to see what i can do to be better. I love you mom you always know how to open others eyes.
i always leave your blog, or any little chat that we have feeling uplifted and inspired to be a better person...i think that anyone reading your blog, couldn't help but to feel the spirit.
I do have to say that you have always touched my heart deeply wether through a phone conversation or reading your blog. You are an amazing woman who has touched my lives. Thank you for being such an amazing example to me and the world!! I love you!!
Oh mom, how I love to sit and read your blog. You open my mind and let my mind explore, you are brilliant and I love you.
You have always been an inspiration and great example to me and I'm sure (even though many might not admit) a lot of our family! I know we are all human and have our faults, but whatever yours are I have no idea- you have a way of uplifting others just by your attitude, example, and even your presence! So thank you for who you are!!! Love, EM
Post a Comment