Thursday, September 11, 2008

A Mother's Deepest Dream

Motherhood is an interesting thing. It seems that you grow with your children. Genuine happiness has always been what I have hoped for each of my children. Second on my list of desires for them--ongoing, fullfilling relationships with one another. Last weekend I was totally taken off-guard by a HUGE surprise party that the girls had planned and carried out together. I cannot do it justice by just writing about it in my next blog I will "show off" what they accomplished; but for this one I wish to express to my sweet daughters how deeply I was touched by your desire to work together to do this for me. I was so overcome with emotion that I didn't dare get started for fear of never stopping. I still have not been able to verbally thank my girls for the gratitude runs deep, fills my heart and comes brimming to the surface when I even think about saying something.


So here goes--girls, there is nothing, no nothing you could have done to make me happier. I certainly do not deserve to have such wonderful daughters; but I am eternally grateful. You are my dearest friends and confidants. When I watch each one of you and your individual talents and gifts, I continue to be amazed that I am so blessed to be your mother. Thank you for working together for me.


There are so many ways that you are similar to one or more of each other, yet you are each so very unique--please always celebrate your differences, though they sometimes make you crazy. You each have gifts that can help one another in the difficult times of your lives; remember what I have told you since you were just old enough to seek out other companionships-- "friends will come and friends will go, but your sister will always be your sister." When the time comes that I am no longer around, it is one of my greatest hopes that you will always have one another to love and cherish and to comfort you.


So here's to you Breeana, Alaina, Jenna and Kara! Just when I think my life could be no more blessed; you have given me yet one more thing to be so grateful for. Thank you just doesn't seem to work for this, does it? Oh, how I love each of you.

4 comments:

Jenna and Lafe said...

Mom-
I just want you to know that I love you and I cherish our friendship. This party was just to give you a glimps of how much you mean to our family and to your friends. I am glad that you enjoyed it and it made an imprint on your life. Because that is what you have done for all of us. Put your imprint on our lives that gives us the love and support that we all need to survive. I love you momma and it was truly the least that we could do. Happy Birthday Mom!!!!

Breeana said...

Oh, mom I keep writing and rewriting the things I am trying to say and they just don't seam to come out right. I have never been that great with words. Just know that I love you, and nothing made US happier than to do this for YOU. I know everyone says this, but you are the greatest mother and friend anyone could ask for. You really have touched so many people, my only hope is that someday I will follow in your footprints.

Janaca said...

What an amazing family you have! Your words are so sweet and I can tell how much you love your girls for what they did for you.

The Moronta's said...

How fun the party was to throw for you. We had so much fun gathering information and hoping it was an utter suprise and how excited were we to know it was. How deeply I love and cherish you. You are the greatest friend one can have. I'm so grateful to have you in my life, I am able to talk to you about anything and everything. I love you so very much. Happy celebration of life for 50 years. You truly are amazing. I'm so proud of you for the change you continue to make in your life. :)